|Implementation Measures for China-bound Passengers to Obtain Covid-19 Negative Certificates Before Boarding from Bulgaria to China|
To ensure the health and safety of international travel and reduce the risk of cross-border spread of the epidemic, according to the requirements of the announcement issued by the Civil Aviation Administration of China, the General Administration of Customs, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, all the China-bound passengers are required to obtain COVID-19 negative certificates before boarding. Implementation Measures are as follows :
1. General Requirements
Starting from August 26, 2020, Chinese and foreign passengers who are to fly from Bulgaria to China or transit through Bulgaria to China must complete COVID-19 nucleic acid tests within five days before boarding and apply for Nucleic acid green health code with "HS" mark (for Chinese citizens) or Health Declaration Forms (for foreign citizens). The airlines will check the Health Codes or Health Declaration Forms when check-in or before boarding, and usually do not check the original nucleic acid test negative certificates.
2. Designated Institutions, Validity and Information of the Certificates
Nucleic acid tests should be taken at the COVID-19 testing institutions designated by the Chinese Embassy in Bulgaria (see Appendix 3 List of designated institutions) within 5 days before boarding. All passengers including infants and children need to be tested. The test certificate should be printed in English, clearly indicating the name of the tested person, the type and number of the travel document (usually passport , do not use ID card), nucleic acid test method, test results and issuing date of the certificat. The Embassy will not accept tests for anti-bodies or other type of COVID-19 tests.
3. Method for Chinese Citizens to Apply for Health Codes
(1) All Chinese passengers may download and install the "Epidemic Prevention International Version Health Code" Mini Program through WeChat. (" Q&A to declaration of nucleic acid test certificate for Chinese citizens" https://hr.cs.mfa.gov.cn/help_two/help-two/hs.html)
(2) Chinese citizens should, within 24 hours of obtaining the nucleic acid test negative certificate, declare their personal information and upload the photo of certificate through the Health Code Program. For infants and children, the declaration will be completed by their guardians. After review and approval by the Chinese Embassy in Bulgaria, the relevant persons can obtain Nucleic acid green health code with "HS" mark ( see Appendix 1 ).
(3) Passengers should take flights within the validity of the Green health code and cooperate with the airline check before boarding.
4. Method for Foreign Citizens to Apply for Health Declaration Form
(1) Foreign passengers who are to fly to China must download, fill in and sign the "Health Declaration Form" (see Appendix 2 ).
(2) After obtaining the nucleic acid test negative certificate, scan (photographing is not valid) the passenger's passport information page, test negative certificate and the signed Health Declaration Form , and send the scanned copies to the designated email address of the Chinese Embassy in Bulgaria: consulate_bgr@ mfa.gov.cn .
(3) After review and approval, the Chinese Embassy in Bulgaria will send via email a scanned copy of the stamped Health Declaration Form, which must be printed out by the applicant and brought to the airport. Please board the plane within the validity period of the Health Declaration Form and cooperate with the airline check before boarding.
5. Related Tips
(1) Passengers planning to take flights to China are advised to read this notice carefully. If you cannot acquire the nucleic acid test negative certificate in time and fail to obtain a green Health Code with the "HS" mark or a valid Health Declaration Form before boarding, it means that you are temporarily not eligible for the flight and you will need to rearrange or adjust your itinerary.
(2) To transfer to China via countries where China-bound passengers are required to obtain COVID-19 negative certificates before boarding (see list https://hr.cs.mfa.gov.cn/help_two/help-two/gj.html), passengers' green Health Codes with the "HS" mark or Health Declaration Forms will also be checked. Please make sure that the Health Code or Health Declaration Form is within validity at the time of transfer, otherwise the transfer may be blocked.
(3) If you are transferring to China from a third country via Bulgaria, please make sure to complete the above-mentioned verification procedures at the local Chinese embassy or consulate before departure.
(4) The uploaded nucleic acid test negative certificate must be complete, clear and must not be altered. If the upload quality of the certificate is poor or if the certificate is altered, it will affect the review process by the Embassy. Any losses will be borne by the applicants themselves.
(5) Passengers who provide false certificates and information shall bear all corresponding legal liabilities. If an airline has doubts about the green Health Code or Health Declaration Form of a passenger, it may require an on-site inspection of the original nucleic acid test certificate. Therefore you are advised to bring the test certificate on paper with you at all time.
(6) The Health Declaration Form is for boarding inspection only and is NOT an entry document. Please make sure that you have a valid Chinese visa or you are eligible to enter China without a visa.
(7) The Chinese Embassy in Bulgaria reserves the right of final interpretation for the above regulations.
Appendix 1. Nucleic acid green health code with "HS" mark
Appendix 2. Health Declaration Form
Appendix 3. List of designated institutions