|Notice on Activating the New Voice Information Center of the Passport and Visa Office|
The new voice information center of the Passport and Visa Office of the Consulate-General has been activated as of Nov. 12, 2002. The telephone number is 212-868 2078. This new center has the following features:
1) You can receive relevant information on Chinese visas, passports, authentications, mail service, office hour and the location by dialing the above number and following the voice instructions.
2) You can also have relevant application forms and instructions faxed back by dialing this number from a fax machine and following the voice instructions.
3) If there are any further questions unanswered by the automated center, you can dial the number between 2:00pm to 4:30pm on weekdays and follow relevant instructions to reach a consul.
4) You may also check the status of your application by keying in the numeric tracking number on your mail or your pickup form number. Please do not key in the alphabet letters. Unfortunately, this feature may not be fully functional at the initial stage of our voice information center.
5) This voice information center number can take up to 4 callers simultaneously 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. You can call on non-office hours to avoid peak traffic.
6) The present consular affairs enquiry phone number (212) 465 1708 will stop its service as of Nov. 18, 2002.